May Parishioner online …Mays Parishioner
With the Lockdown and church members unable to attend church , please can you Phone,email Facebook etc to ask Church members or their family members with Internet to join our Facebook or go to our website www.stmaryskirkintilloch.org.uk to keep up to date for happening at Kirkintilloch St Mary’s.
We are planning to record church services for the next few weeks including the Communion Service at start of May provided we are not forced into tighter lockdown and then we have to decide how we record the service.
New to the website ….
We are looking for any Kids related items to put on our New “Kids Corner” on our website. Please you can help and not ”Subject to copyright “ send any links I can put on the the website for our Young people. Stephen (Webmaster)
Please find April’s Parishioner , please click the link below.
MEMO: FROM REV. IAN TAYLOR, INTERIM MODERATOR 03 April 2020
SUBJECT: ST MARY’S PARISH CHURCH UPDATE – OUR CURRENT RESPONSE TO COVID-19
In a situation which is fast changing I write to outline some things I believe we can all do to continue to be ‘Church’ albeit in a different way.
- Check our website (www.stmaryskirkintilloch.org.uk) and Facebook pages for regular updates. We are currently investigating the possibility of uploading worship material to the website – watch this space!
- Check the Church of Scotland website (www.churchofscotland.org.uk) for information on a wide range of topics, including details of a daily reflection from the Moderator of the General Assembly on Facebook, and a list of congregations ‘streaming’ Worship Services.
- Our Church premises are safe and secure in the current ‘lock down’ but are routinely and randomly checked for insurance purposes, and our CCTV installations have aided this process.
- The Parishioner will continue to be published and made available online, so again check out our website if you are able.
Subscribers to Life and Work will receive their magazines through the postal system.
- Members who support the work of the Church financially through WFO envelopes or the Open Plate and are concerned that they are unable to contribute to the Ministry and Mission of the Church can contact our:
Treasurer – John Thomson – ( 0141 777 8231 – : firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Finance Convenor – Hugh Biggans – ( 0141 578 0586 – : email@example.com
John and Hugh will only be too happy to offer alternative means to receive your much needed offerings.
- We hope to be able to keep in contact with everyone during these difficult times. If you have any concerns, or would like any additional information, please contact our Session Clerk:
Gordon Morrison – ( 0141 578 5887 – : firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev. Ian Taylor 03/04/2020.