Please find April’s Parishioner , please click the link below.
MEMO: FROM REV. IAN TAYLOR, INTERIM MODERATOR 03 April 2020
SUBJECT: ST MARY’S PARISH CHURCH UPDATE – OUR CURRENT RESPONSE TO COVID-19
In a situation which is fast changing I write to outline some things I believe we can all do to continue to be ‘Church’ albeit in a different way.
- Check our website (www.stmaryskirkintilloch.org.uk) and Facebook pages for regular updates. We are currently investigating the possibility of uploading worship material to the website – watch this space!
- Check the Church of Scotland website (www.churchofscotland.org.uk) for information on a wide range of topics, including details of a daily reflection from the Moderator of the General Assembly on Facebook, and a list of congregations ‘streaming’ Worship Services.
- Our Church premises are safe and secure in the current ‘lock down’ but are routinely and randomly checked for insurance purposes, and our CCTV installations have aided this process.
- The Parishioner will continue to be published and made available online, so again check out our website if you are able.
Subscribers to Life and Work will receive their magazines through the postal system.
- Members who support the work of the Church financially through WFO envelopes or the Open Plate and are concerned that they are unable to contribute to the Ministry and Mission of the Church can contact our:
Treasurer – John Thomson – ( 0141 777 8231 – : firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Finance Convenor – Hugh Biggans – ( 0141 578 0586 – : email@example.com
John and Hugh will only be too happy to offer alternative means to receive your much needed offerings.
- We hope to be able to keep in contact with everyone during these difficult times. If you have any concerns, or would like any additional information, please contact our Session Clerk:
Gordon Morrison – ( 0141 578 5887 – : firstname.lastname@example.org
Rev. Ian Taylor 03/04/2020.
Please help the church funds by going through different online shops . Each purchase the church get money back….
As St. Mary’s and the nursery are now closed until further notice we no longer have a collection point for the Food Bank.However if you are able and willing to take foodstuff etc. to the Food Warehouse at 19 Donaldson Crescent G66 1XF it would be very much appreciated in these difficult times. The Food Warehouse is open Monday. Wednesday and Friday from 1pm-4pm.It would be good if you could spread this information to folk in the congregation.
Thought for prayer
Gracious God we are grateful for the open door of prayer , which unites all people throughout the world.We give thanks for the holy spirit lifting us in dark days, guiding us when we feel lost and opening doors before us.Enable us through social media,phones and computers to hold on to and encourage one another. Hear our prayers for all those woking for the NHS..scientists and politicians and those who have to make difficult decisions and give advice. We pray for the healing of patients in hospital or at home and comfort to those who have lost loved ones. May we continue to believe that underneath are the everlasting arms.Amen.
Thinking of you all,
Hope you are well.
For our young people….
Bible Verses@St Mary’s…
See, the Lord your God has given you the land. Go up and take possession of it as the Lord , the God of your fathers, told you. Do not be afraid; do not be discourage.
*The Church doors are physically closed, but the spirit of faith, hope and love, that surrounds our community is not!*
Cancellation of Worship Services
Following advice received from the Church of Scotland, in response to the Covid 19 situation, it is with regret that our Worship Services are cancelled with immediate effect. Both our Sunday morning worship and Wednesday Welcome services will cease until further notice.
The current situation is changing constantly and we will continue to follow the guidance and advice we receive from the Church of Scotland.
Additional information can be found on the Church of Scotland web site: www.churchofscotland.org.uk
This includes information on Churches that live stream or post their services online.