MEMO: FROM REV. IAN TAYLOR, INTERIM MODERATOR 03 April 2020
SUBJECT: ST MARY’S PARISH CHURCH UPDATE – OUR CURRENT RESPONSE TO COVID-19
In a situation which is fast changing I write to outline some things I believe we can all do to continue to be ‘Church’ albeit in a different way.
- Check our website (www.stmaryskirkintilloch.org.uk) and Facebook pages for regular updates. We are currently investigating the possibility of uploading worship material to the website – watch this space!
- Check the Church of Scotland website (www.churchofscotland.org.uk) for information on a wide range of topics, including details of a daily reflection from the Moderator of the General Assembly on Facebook, and a list of congregations ‘streaming’ Worship Services.
- Our Church premises are safe and secure in the current ‘lock down’ but are routinely and randomly checked for insurance purposes, and our CCTV installations have aided this process.
- The Parishioner will continue to be published and made available online, so again check out our website if you are able.
Subscribers to Life and Work will receive their magazines through the postal system.
- Members who support the work of the Church financially through WFO envelopes or the Open Plate and are concerned that they are unable to contribute to the Ministry and Mission of the Church can contact our:
Treasurer – John Thomson – ( 0141 777 8231 – : email@example.com; or
Finance Convenor – Hugh Biggans – ( 0141 578 0586 – : firstname.lastname@example.org
John and Hugh will only be too happy to offer alternative means to receive your much needed offerings.
- We hope to be able to keep in contact with everyone during these difficult times. If you have any concerns, or would like any additional information, please contact our Session Clerk:
Gordon Morrison – ( 0141 578 5887 – : email@example.com
Rev. Ian Taylor 03/04/2020.